Sunday, January 07, 2007

Christon Speaks!!

Hey everyone, to those that still read this blog. I'm finally posting about it. Posting after everyone's gone, lol.

Well, as some or most of you may know, I'm now studying in Tronoh, Perak at UTP (University Teknologi Petronas). I managed to get a scholarship from Petronas to study there so I took it up and I will be there for the next four years. Actually, I'm in KL right now on my semester break but I'll be leaving by the 14th of January, just to let you know.

Well, just a little about my university, it's got pretty good facilities, especially because it's new so that's something I appreciate about it. It's got a really nice library, they call it the IRC (Information Resource Center) which is something like our library except that it's about 100 times larger and it has 4 floors and much nicer modern looking surroundings.

Well, over where I'm studying, it's definitely more quiet, as I'm in an outskirt area. There's not so much of the hustle and bustle we're all so familiar with in KL. We're all busy with studies and assignments but still, it all feels less rushed. People here are generally friendly and are a whole lot different from the more distinguished, well to do, richer people we see so often in Taylors. A lot of people come from different backgrounds and different states, carrying a less materialistic feel and it's nice to have that. I'm not saying any of you guys were materialistic or anything, it's just that the social environment I'm in is different than what I experienced while in Taylors.

Well, next I'll talk a little about my lecturers. I have to say, this semester I had two really annoying lecturers. One is local, and one is not. The lecturer who's not a local is some African dude. Seriously, they are just as bad as SCHOOL TEACHERS. I can guarentee you, every single lecturer we had in Taylors including the one people hated the most were MUCH BETTER than them. I tell you, it was so frustrating having them around, useless fellers.

Well, I don't want to rant so much. BUt anyway, I'd just like to say, it was a pleasure being with you guys, G4 of batch 2006. You guys are a nice bunch of people that I'm glad to know and hopefully we'll all keep in touch. Until the next time.

Christon


P.S - I've got a blog too yeah, if you want to keep updated with stuff about me. You can visit writingforgrowth.blogspot.com

No comments: